Sr. Cognos Developer San DiegoJuly 05, 2018
– Develop and enhance Cognos frameworks.
– Create reports/dashboards/scorecards in Cognos (Query Studio, Analysis Studio and Framework Manager).
– Create ad hoc reports for internal Business Intelligence team and external customers.
– Work with the Data Warehouse Architect to perform source system analysis, identification of key data issues, data profiling and development of normalized and star-snowflake physical schemas.
– Work collaboratively in a team environment with the ability to interact effectively with other groups in the organization.
– Communicate with all levels of management regarding information needs.
– Ability to discuss these solutions with both technical and business community.
– Collaborate with national and regional IT teams on any issues involving architecture and design of data repositories, including development of new tables and Cognos frameworks.
– Creates or contributes to an information library or similar format/forum which promotes sharing of information with analysts/users within and outside the department.
– Develops/maintains appropriate documentation on reports/dashboards/scorecards, during the development lifecycle.
– Designs and builds the portal framework per the roadmap.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, computer science, business, or related area.
– Minimum of five years of experience with Business Intelligence, Cognos and database technologies.
– Advanced report development skills including strong understanding of the Cognos 8.x and 10.x toolset, including Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio and Framework Manager.
– Strong oral written and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with analysts, physicians, and business staff throughout all levels of the organization; ability to clearly communicate complex business problems and technical solutions.
– Extensive experience in the use of analytics including analytic applications, databases, and data access/programming tools such as SAS, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, or Cognos.
– Prior experience delivering complete Business Intelligence solutions in large organizations.
– Proven track record coordinating with project managers, participating in project planning and leading development teams using agile methodologies delivering successful business intelligence solutions with complex data sources.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Minimum 5 years
Job Type: Full-time
Business Intelligence, Cognos and database technologies.: 5 years
Location:San Diego, CA
Required work authorization:United States