Introduced in 1987, PeopleSoft is a global leader in ERP software with over 5,000 customers worldwide. PeopleSoft offers a complete set of applications to address the most complex business requirements.
- PeopleSoft Capital Management
- PeopleSoft Financial Management
- PeopleSoft Supplier Relationship Management
- PeopleSoft Enterprise Services Automation
- PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management
PeopleSoft in the Past
Despite the powerful capabilities of PeopleSoft, many customers expressed their frustration. PeopleSoft customers started complaining about risky, disruptive upgrades and disappointing user experience. They would often have to resort to clunky customizations in order to fit their business needs, which only made it more difficult to integrate new features when they finally came out. Additionally, new ways of doing business increased the demand for cloud and mobile solutions.
So what did PeopleSoft do?
They listened. They improved their UI for a simple and intuitive experience. They reduced the need for customizations by 40% and the cost to run the application by 70%. They introduced brand new features annually, without the need for upgrades. PeopleSoft today allows you to create an environment in under 1 hour and provides a modern mobile user experience.
Some people believe that PeopleSoft is a thing of the past. But PeopleSoft is still going strong thanks to customer-driven innovation, continuous investment and a global development team 1,000 employees strong. Features such as Selective Adoption, Simplified Analytics, Elastic Search, WorkCenters, Fluid UI, and Clustered Environments keep PeopleSoft a powerful solution for businesses worldwide.
The Future of PeopleSoft
Moving forward, PeopleSoft is investigating the viability of new technologies to make sure they are auditable, contextual, mobile, secure, targeted, and value additive. In the future, PeopleSoft could incorporate chatbots, machine learning, recommendations, natural language processing, artificial intelligence, and blockchain.
PeopleSoft in 2018
At Nessium Consulting, these are three things we recommend PeopleSoft clients to consider in 2018:
- Stay tuned for the PeopleTools new release, loaded with new features. There is no date set in stone, but they put out a new release every 12-18 months so we can start expecting the next one in the summer of this year.
- Upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2 if you haven’t already – it’s where all the innovation happens and PeopleSoft has made a great effort to adapt to customer feedback.
- Optimize your PeopleSoft experience by taking advantage of great features, such as Cloud Infrastructure and Elastic Search.
Learn more about what Nessium Consulting can do for your business! Follow us on LinkedIn or click here to book a quick call on our calendar.